The doctor at the center of CNN’s investigation that led to last year’s closure of the pediatric cardiac surgery program at St. Mary’s Medical Center struck back Tuesday with a remarkable defamation lawsuit against the news network.
Dr. Michael Black of St. Mary’s Medical Center has sued CNN for defamation for stories that resulted in the closure of the hospital’s cardiac pediatric surgery program.
Dr. Michael Black’s 200-page lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court alleges rivals – particularly Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital – tried to sabotage the fledgling heart program.
Black, who is still on staff at St. Mary’s, did not specify a dollar amount to be sought at trial except to say he seeks compensation for “reputational and economic harm.”
The real target of the complaint, though, is CNN. Besides lead reporter Elizabeth Cohen, on-air talent and renowned anchor Anderson Cooper is among the defendants.
“Dr. Black’s complaint clearly demonstrates the lengths to which CNN and its reporters are willing to go to grab headlines and promote their ‘Empowered Patient’ brand,” said Libby Locke, one of Dr. Black’s attorneys out of Alexandria, Va., who filed the lawsuit.
In July 2011, the writers and editors of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel were called together in their ninth-floor newsroom in downtown Fort Lauderdale. It was a staff without a leader — Editor in Chief Earl Maucker had retired almost a year earlier, and the staff’s numbers had dwindled to the point that section editors were now running the largest-circulation newspaper south of Orlando — at the time even larger than the Miami Herald. It didn’t help that the paper’s parent, the Tribune Co., had filed for bankruptcy.
Howard Saltz, a long-haired, handsome, 51-year-old newsman, was there to introduce himself as the paper’s new editor. He seemed friendly, if a little nervous, standing not far from the elevator in a fancy suit. He was understandably eager to gain the staff’s acceptance and told the room that he’d been unemployed for some time. He was glad, he said, to have a job:
“Turns out,” Saltz said, “there’s not a lot of money in just sitting around.”
In fact, while he was sitting around, he lost a great deal. Court documents reveal he was essentially destitute: After losing four properties to lenders and then filing for bankruptcy himself just three months after his hiring, Saltz had $90 in cash to his name and two overdrawn checking accounts. Eventually, he would walk away from at least $3 million in debts, though his wife’s bankruptcy filing suggests the number could be closer to $4 million.
Today saw another new low-point in American broadcast journalism, as members of the media and public ransacked the shooting suspects family home in Redlands, California. On closer examination, however, what is on display here has very little to do with journalism, and everything to do with staged ‘synthetic terror’.
Earlier, CNN’s official “terrorism analyst”, Paul Cruickshank, stated that San Bernardino’s staged event was, “the deadliest Islamist terrorism attack on US soil since 9/11”. If that was true, then any venues or sites related to this investigation would still be secured by law enforcement – and yet, less than 48 hours after what we’re told was a ‘mass shooting’ and ‘international terrorism’ event – members of the mainstream media and unidentified members of the public were let loose completely unsupervised, inside what authorities are claiming to be “the killers’ home” located in Redlands. California. Continue reading →
On November 21 a press release reproduced below announcing Amazon’s censorship of Nobody Died at Sandy Hook was sent to almost 23,000 news media outlets by Sherwood Ross Associates, a Miami Florida-based public relations firm. Thus far almost without exception the press release has been ignored, representing a wall-to-wall media blackout of the internet powerhouse’s incredible act of suppression.
Further, journalists at those very media now have an opportunity to download the book for free and judge the validity of the research.
Here is the breakdown of media receiving the press release:
Black Weeklies – 183
TV Networks – 11
Local TV Stations – 1428
AM Radio – 7560
FM Radio – 6766
Dailies – 1404
Weeklies – 5586
This afternoon, I received a request from Alison Hall with INSIDE EDITION (ABC daily, early evening in most cities). She said they were doing a story about NURTURING AND HEALING (2014) by Scarlett Lewis, one of the purported parents of a child, Jesse Lewis, whom the “official reports” allege to have been killed by Adam Lanza. Apparently, they noticed that amazon.com advertises NOBODY DIED AT SANDY HOOK (2015) on the same page as Scarlett’s book, which led them to contact me to discuss what we had found.
That sounded fine to me, since it meant that we are beginning to break through the curtain of silence that has been imposed by the media on NOBODY DIED. A media expert, for example, sent a detailed introduction to the book to 1,500 venues across the country, which invited them to contact me for an interview. When he asked me recently, “How many inquiries have you had?”, I had to admit that the number was “Zero!” So this looked like it might be an exception to the rule. I would soon discover how wrong I had been.
By now, we all know that there’s been another school shooting, this time at Umpqua Community College in southern Oregon. But for what seemed like a very long time this afternoon, that was all we knew. Further details were hard to come by, which posed a challenge to the many journalists who were tasked with reporting on what had—and hadn’t—happened. If you, like me, were toggling between the three main cable news networks this afternoon as they struggled to report the story in a virtual information void, you saw three different and distinct journalistic strategies at work: circumspection, observation, and pontification. Here’s what I glimpsed, and here’s where I saw it.
2:40 p.m. ET
Shepard Smith anchors Fox News’ coverage of the story this afternoon, and he and Fox correspondent Trace Gallagher are doing their best to refrain from spreading rumors and falsehoods in the absence of any verified information.
On his first visit to the U.S., the Pope is acting more like a left wing politician than a messenger of Christ. He has scolded Congress on everything from global warming to immigration. Most of his criticism is directed at Republicans though. There was not a single criticism given to the Castro regime in Cuba, and last I checked, their government is communist and atheist. I have been following the intense coverage and reading the Pope’s quotes, and I have yet to hear one public mention of Christ. I am a former Catholic that left the church after the pedophile priest scandal and the cover-up that went all the way to the Vatican. I like Catholics and have no problem with the main points of the Catholic Doctrine. The five main parts of the Catholic Doctrine are: Christ is the Son of God, Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, Christ died on the cross and shed his blood for the sins of the world, Christ rose again from the dead, and Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead. Please notice how ALL five major points of the Catholic Doctrine (which I totally agree with) are centered on Jesus Christ. While the Pope has mentioned God a few times in his public quotes, I have not heard a single quote that mentions the name of CHRIST. WHY?????? I don’t know if it is because the Pope just forgot to do so, or if he would like to see a one world religion, and of course there is no place for “God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ” in a one world religion. One thing is for sure, the omission of Christ’s name on an historic trip by the Pope this big is “too stupid to be stupid.”
As the 14th anniversary of the events of September 11, 2001, approaches, a group of notable researchers will be presenting important information on Friday and Saturday, September 11th and 12th, 2015, about 9/11 and its relation to recent “terrorist” events in North America, and what the 9/11 Commission did not tell us. The events of 9/11 have caused many to raise considerable questions about what happened on that fateful day and how the events were used to justify wars of aggression that continue to destabilize the world.
The broadcast can be viewed on RethinkSeptember11.com from anywhere around the world and we encourage viewers to submit questions and comments in real-time using social media. The broadcast will feature personalities such as Kevin Ryan, Cynthia McKinney, Graeme MacQueen, Daniele Ganser, David Johnson, and James Corbett.
(Original Post Aug 16, 2015 9:25PM)
For more than a year, this journalist has been working on a story detailing allegations of systemic #child molestation involving arguably the most recognized advertiser in Southwest Virginia, known in the sales industry as a “pillar account.”
A “pillar account” is a tag given to an advertiser that spends a large amount of money on “media buys” at various local #news agencies including my former employer.
Pillar accounts routinely spend large amounts of cash on advertising, benefiting the receiving agencies. That’s how business works.
This is the live interview on Fox Radio 910 in Roanoke of former WDBJ 7 journalist, Orlando Salinas, from August 27. Salinas says he has court documents referencing the sexual abuse of at least one of Crandall’s children. by Daniel L Crandall.
”Big money” buys big commercial air time over and over and over again.