Two explosions, at least one caused by a suicide attack, in the departure hall at Brussels Airport killed at least 11 people just before 8 a.m. local time, or 3 a.m. Eastern time.
About an hour later, an explosion at the Maelbeek subway station in central Brussels, not far from the European Union’s core institutions, killed at least 15 people.
More than 130 people were reported wounded in the three attacks.
● Three explosions took place in Brussels:
– two blasts went off in the departure hall of Brussels’ Zaventem Airport at around 8am local time;
– one bomb exploded at the Maalbeek Metro station.
● The number of casualties is changing, with current reports putting it at 34 people killed – 20 in the Metro, 14 at the airport. With a total of more than 80 people injured.
● Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel has confirmed that the blasts…
View original post 182 more words